In each production site, a medical department functions for the employees and the local population (min 100 patients per day).In addition, we have provided the following services:
- Construction of dispensary in Ngakham, Niangue, Darou Diouf and Khondio villages.
- Rehabilitation of Meouane health station and Ndomor health hut.
- Prostheses equipment for 600 physically disabled in Dakar and Ziguinchor.
- Purchase of cardiac pacemaker for the needy.
- Participation in the medical day of Mboro regularly.
- Program for fight against AIDS, Hepatisis-B test, and health care.
- Internship for medical students and student nurses.
- Free cataract surgery for around 875 people and analysis for 2,000 people.
- Ambulance facility exists in every site.
Water plays a vital part in the life of our communities. ICS neighboring localities are supplied with water for free.
- Provision of drinking water to 27 surrounding villages from the bore well of Tounde Tivaouane
- Supply of 2 million liters water per day.
- Provision of water troughs for the livestock.
Since 1960, the company has continued contributing to the development of education in a big way.
- Construction of a high school (Taiba ICS of Mboro) and residence for the professors.
- Construction of 7 elementary schools.
- Rehabilitation of schools.
- Installation and equipment of computer room, documentation and information system for the Mboro High school.
- Periodical prize award ceremonies in the schools.
- Mbaye-Mbaye ICS pre-primary and primary schools (fully supported by ICS).
- School for the delocalized village of TANHIM.
- Assistance in various fields (Pedagogical trip, scientific and literary contests, end of the year festival etc.,)
Many young Senegalese from the surrounding villages of the sites get the first preference in employment. The company employs 1,470 permanent employees and 820 casual workers directly.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
ICS keeps a watchful eye on safety and environmental protection.
- Gas emission is monitored and kept within the norms.
- Water is regularly analyzed and specific treatment is done.
- 781 Ha land has been re-timbered with forest and fruit bearing seedlings.
- Fire engines have been provided in each site, as well as hydrant and other extinguishers.
- All employees have been trained on safety.
- Continuous cooperation exists with local fire departments.
Culture and sports
Youth is in the center of the cultural activities and sports activities supported by the company.
ETICS is the football club of ICS in professional league.
- Material and financial support to cultural and sports activities.
- Creation of a company club with facilities in various disciplines.
- Provision of a football stadium, basketball court, swimming pool and two tennis court.
The company helps in various activities such as:
- Construction, rehabilitation, water conveyance and electrification of worship places.
- Donation for pilgrimage to holy places (Hajj).
- Subsidy allocation to support or traditional matters.
Training and development
Every year, approximately 500 students from all the local schools and colleges come to ICS for training and development. ICS provides ambient conditions for adequate training for proper Human Resources development of Senegal.